Wednesday, November 23, 2016

My Tryst With Alternative Medicine

There are things
That we don’t want to happen
But have to accept.

Things we don’t want to know
But have to learn.

And people we can’t leave without
But have to let go.
Life will never be the same again.  As the years roll by, grief never ends; only changes.

While everyone philosophically acknowledges that Life is a brief intermission between Birth and Death; that Death is inevitable for every living being on the earth, in reality, it still remains unpalatable when dealing with the death of loved ones.

Two years passed by since I lost my father to Prostate Cancer. The inimitable loss and excruciating pain, of knowing that my father is no more on that fateful day, are etched in my memory forever. 

We, as a family relied heavily on allopathic medicine and were quite optimistic after his initial recovery to hormone treatment. Unfortunately, he developed resistance to the hormone therapy after the second dose itself and his health deteriorated for the worse. Subsequently, my father was put on Chemotherapy. The palliative treatment started to prove less effective in weaning off the pain. His response to Chemo was lukewarm.

My Search For Alternative Medicine

In my desperate bid to ameliorate his condition, I scrambled for alternative treatments and browsed the net. I found tons of information about alternative cures and therapies to combat the prostate cancer, but all scattered, disjointed and redundant. It took time and effort to gather all the relevant information together to make a spirited effort to administer the alternative therapies. By the time I procured the material, my father was already languishing in the terminal stage and was unresponsive to any kind of treatment. To this day I curse my complacency during his initial recovery period and carry the cross for not trying alternative medicine at the earliest.

Though my efforts didn’t yield desired results in my father’s case, it spurred me to collate the data and present it for the benefit the millions who do not have the time and resources. If my effort could transform the fortune of at least a single person; retrieve one from the gallows of death, I will feel my mission accomplished. It will lighten my heart a little to know that I have helped to restore the joy in someone else’s life. I am a staunch advocate of Karma Siddhanta and believe that there are no such things as ‘incurables’, provided one has not run out of his good karma . I concur with Chinese Proverb that says “Medicine cures the man who is fated not to die”.  

More often than not we tend to think that allopathy is the only source of Medicine for all the diseases. There is no denying about its technical advances or continuous research. But still, other branches of traditional medicine too, are progressing at equally same pace and offering improved & successful treatment for various disorders.

Life is precious and the value of loved ones is humongous. Explore all the possibilities; move heaven & earth, don't let any opportunity slip out of your hand.

The main aim of this blog is to present all kinds of treatments; traditional, scientific, non-scientific and esoteric for each and every disease. I believe that at the end of the daysaving a life is paramount and not the kind of treatment.

May God listen to your prayers and bless your loved ones a speedy recovery.



DISCLAIMER: The information provided in this blog is taken from various resources and sites. The blogger/author does not guarantee the efficacy of the drugs or their outcomes. The author is not liable for any mishap. The interested parties are requested to get in touch with respective institutes or doctors to verify their authenticity and usage.











3 comments: